Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 53 : Cardiologist Appointment Second Attempt

So for the past 2 days, my solid intake has been greatly lessen.  I stop using chewing gum (it's amazing how much gum I go through on a long drive).  Perhaps it's because I'm actually looking for it, but the usual 1PM to 3PM pain didn't come on, or at last as sharply as the previous days.

The cardiologist appointment went without a hitch.  Back in 2007 I had an episode of chest pain that finally got me send to an emergency room and my attending cardiologist there became my actual cardiologist.  They ran a bunch of stress test with rather specific instruction (fasting to start baseline stress test, follow by eating food and then wait 30 minutes before doing the second stress test).  The test didn't reveal anything, but I've been seeing him every 6 months.  He was very pleased with my progress, and my blood pressure measurement in the office is actually better than the one I had at home.

I apparently have an inverse white coat symptom.   My blood pressure tends to be better at the doctor's office than at home.  I've been wondering about the size of the blood pressure meter's cuff that wasn't designed with my arm's diameter.  So much that I went ahead and buy a newer model that has a different design.  The result is still similar to my morning reading.  

120/88/67 281.4lb 103mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment