Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 410 - Using Google+ for Work

I was going to blog about the frustrating last two days at work, but why dwell on the negative.  Lets talk about something positive.

As part of my work, I have to walk through my customer through installation and configuration of software.  If it's within the company, we'll use Microsoft Communicator and screen sharing function.  If it's external entity, we could use WebEx for collaboration screen share.

Yesterday, I was assisting someone within the company who didn't have much use for Microsoft Communicator, thus his account was deactivated.  I didn't feel like wasting money for WebEx for internal company configuration, so we hit upon the idea of using Google+ Hangout to share desktop elements.  Surprisingly enough, this actually work well.  The screen sharing function was introduced 3 days ago, and for some reason, the interface I have at work is stuck in the old fashion version, and I have to have my colleague start the hangout to get that function across.  I may have to take this webcam to work and see if it makes any difference.

120/72/51 181lb 91 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment