Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 713 - Reading

The past couple of weeks, I went through a couple of novels, Redshirts, a loving parody of Star Trek from John Scalzi about the none feature extras that gets killed off before the first commercial to demonstrate to the audience that the situation is serious.  How would they feel about this once they realize their role in their universe.  This is one of the easiest Sci-Fi novel I can think of to get adopted into movie.  The story is rather short, and the cheesiness of the special effect is actually a feature rather than budget restriction.  Furthermore, about 2/3 into the story, the story will veer off in a complete different direction, making the special effect a non-issue.

I've also finish Joe Abercrombie's The First Law Trilogy.  It's not for everyone.  Currently reading the follow up stand-alone novel Best Served Cold.  My problem is that once I'm done with this novel and the next one in this universe The Heroes, I'll be without more Abercrombie until October when Red Country comes out.  At least I didn't have to wait 2 years in between novels.

106/74/44 167.8lb 96 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment