Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 546 - 1-800-GET-THIN Advertisements

I read over the weekend that Allegran, maker of Lap-Band have stop selling the medical device to the company behind 1-800-GET-THIN.  In Southern California, it's difficult to drive through certain part of the neighborhood without seeing at least 10 of  1-800-GET-THIN's billboard ads.  The company also advertise heavily on TV and radio.  As of today, I haven't heard or seen any ads on radio and TV since Monday.  Johnson & Johnson, maker of the alternative REALIZE™ band have never been sold to this outfit, so I figure this is the end for them.


Gastric surgery is not a cosmetic makeover.  It's an life alternating decision that requires a complete change of life style and activities.  Hell, I still wake up every morning at 4:30AM just so I can do my exercise without running into my brother's schedule.  It's not a miracle cure, and it requires work.


107/64/52 168.2lb 79 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment