Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 392 - Defrosting Meat Quickly

I do quit a bit of my grocery shopping at Costco. Due to what they sell, I tend to buy things in bulk. That means the pork chop I buy from them have to be pre-sliced into individual serving size (usually 6oz) and put into zip-lock freezer bag for longer term storage.

When I have to inclination to prepare the pork, I run into the issue of defrosting the meat. Previously, I tried to thawed it using microwave at small time increment. The result tends to be cooked bits around the corner.

My brother suggested yesterday to put the freezer bag with the frozen meat right on top of the metal plate portion of the counter top range (in between the burner). The metal plate act like a heat conductor that accelerated the defrost process without doing anything else to it. I tried it, and within 10 minutes the meat is soft enough for me to cut, and process. Lets see how it turns out.

110/74/54 180.8lb 90 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment