Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 341 - Carmageddon 2011

Carmageddon 2011 turns out to be an almost non-event.  After hearing from the local news channel that traffic is lighter than usual, I decided to go through Rose Hills this morning.  I managed to get to Montebello Costco in almost record time due to the light traffic.  Also found out that roses are delivered to that store on Saturday morning, which means I really should go there on that day as well.

Just to test out my luck, I had to drive to Van Nuys to get some take out dinners for the house.  That means driving east bound on 101 and then take north bound 405.  Traffic is still unbelievably light, and I manage to get to and back in less than 40 minutes.

As someone who was in Los Angeles during the 1984 Olympic, the magical 3 weeks when the Freeway was actually cleared of most traffic, this is a welcome flashback.

118/74/59 189lb 89 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment