Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 464 - New Kindle

Amazon releases two different types of Kindle this week. I pre-ordered both as they'll serve different purpose for me. The first to arrive is the Kindle Fire, an rather stripped down 7" Android tablet with most of the Android features buried beneath Amazon's customization. I bought it to see what I can use it for. But mainly to watch videos for Amazon's streaming features.

The other Kindle I got is Kindle Touch, which will be the actual book reader that I'll be using, replacing my now renamed Kindle Keyboard. It felt heavier than the older version. A good deal of that is due to the shape of the new reader, which is smaller. By taking out the keyboard, it makes the screen is actually slightly bigger. This reader is also a bit lighter than the old one. It took me about an hour to get used to how to navigate around, and reloading all of my non-Amazon books (such as the ones from Baen) onto the device and group the way I want. The only negative I can think of right now is that the screen refresh feels a bit sluggish. I'll play around with it tomorrow again.

117/67/52 169.8lb 75 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment