Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 470 - Scenic Route

When I drive home from the support meeting tonight, I heard on the news radio of debris on my usual route. Now, 405 north just past 10 is always bad. Tonight, I spend 10 minutes just waiting to get onto the freeway. I search around in the Google map and found an alternative, West LA to Santa Monica to Malibu to Topanga Canyon, the scenic route.

Normally this would've been a beautiful route in the day time. But seeing that I'm tired, and my vision hasn't exactly been restored to full capacity yet, this isn't something I go out of my way to do.

Just as I turn onto Topanga Canyon Blvd I heard on the radio explaining the 4 police vehicle that raced pass me at high speed. Apparent there was a police pursuit that ended just past Topanga in Pacific Coast Highway. Fortunately for me, that particular pursuit's backup didn't reach me.

I don't particularly like driving Topanga Canyon even during the day time, due to its many twist and winding road. On the west side of the mountain, the twist isn't as dramatic. However, once I pass the summit, the twist became much more dramatic.

Since I'm typing this, obiviously I made it without incident. I won't be doing this again anytime soon.

114/72/69 169lb 77 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment