Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 149 - Back To Raiding

Yesterday is the first day of raiding for my guild. Unfortunately things being as they were, it's extremely difficult to get 25 man right now geared and on time for raiding. So, we went with 10 man raid for now. As soon as I logged in, I got tagged to go to the Tol Barad boss while we have control of that PVP zone, nothing useful dropped for me (this will become a theme for the night). After 1 hour of doing my daily quests (I managed to leveled both Druid and Hunter up one level by doing just the daily quests), I fly over to Blackrock Mountain (again, this is the third Raid Instances in addition to 2 huge dungeon instances from original Warcraft plus a new Cataclysm Blackrock Cavern). Being a tank with significant AoE capability, I was tasked to add control for Magmaw.  That fight took about 4 wipes to get it right. An Lava Spine dropped, while I could use the stamina, strength and mastery upgrade, this is a much better upgrade for the Frost Death Knight, so I pass it up for now.   Next stop is the fun fight of the night, Omnitron Defense System of 4 rotating bosses (2 active at all time).  Again, another 4 wipes the bosses are down.  Again, nothing useful for me.

We then decided to head over to The Bastion of Twilight and try our luck there.  First off is the optional boss of Halfus Wyrmbreaker.  Surprisingly enough, we got him down in one try.  We have another 4 shot at the double drake bosses of Valiona & Theralion, by the time we figure out how to do it, we were at our 3 hour limit.  We give it one more attempt and got them down.

I've basically never been to The Bastion of Twilight, so that was a new experience for me.  My raid mod Deus Vox Encounter unfortunately haven't been updated for the new expansion, and I'm going to have to go back to the ole DBM for raid encounter mod.

Today's number is a whole lot worse than it actually is.  I'm still constipated, of which I'm trying something different.

123/85/79 243lb 105 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment