Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 150 - White Coat Hypertension

There's a symptom for those of us that visit doctors regularly White Coat Hypertension in which a person's blood pressure measurement increases significantly in the doctor's office than at home.  For me, I've never figure what that is.  For me, the inverse is the case for the most part.  I've ALWAYS measure lower measurement at doctor's office, especially when the test is administrated manually rather than via a machine.  I have a machine at home that I put on first thing in the morning when I got waken up by the alarm.  And almost always, my number is better at the doctor's office than at home.

For example, I have my second appointment with my cardiologist since surgery, and the doctor is so impressed with my number (112/70) that he went ahead and scrubbed my nominal 6 month appointment and set it to 1 year out.  At least it's a good sign.

122/76/83 241.6lb 105 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment