Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 198 - Home Roasted Coffee

I mentioned that on Monday, President Day, I have a messed up schedule.  Instead of enjoying a nice day off, I had to rush out of the house to restart my own computer at work.  I picked up a large cup of latte from Starbuck Coffee.

It's the first plain latte I had from them in a while, and after drinking it on my ride to work, I got reminded why I roast my own coffee.  The bean from this batch was over roasted.  Small batch coffee bean roasting isn't hard.  I know what Starbuck Coffee was aiming at.  Their customer expected over roasted coffee, and they give what their customer wanted.  However, over roast coffee can bring consistency to roasting.  It's also one way of covering up blending cheaper bean into premium bean.

Small batch roasting isn't hard.  I do it twice a week with my brothers also drinking coffee at home.  I enjoy milder roast, which actually have far more caffeine than dark roast.

I was going to post something about my current bout of plateau, but lets not jinx it.

113/71/63 221.6lb 88 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment