Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 308 - Blood Test & Bruising

In preparation to my annual physical examine next week, I had my blood test this morning.  Although now that I'm 130 pounds lighter, blood test is still an trying experience for me.  The technician doesn't have the same difficulty of finding a good vein to work with, but I still get bruised by the experience.


That picture is taken about one hour after the blood drawing.  The blood did squirt out quickly and I had the needle in my arm for no longer than 45 seconds.  I'll just be happier when I don't have to do this quarterly (though with the surgeon's office checking for vitamin, I'm actually doubling up on blood test).  Hopefully, the frequency of the examine will decrease.

Another drawback that I've already mentioned is the breakfast.  I tends to skip breakfast when I have blood test, since I don't usually eat before the examine.  Today, I have a bag of beef jerky (90 calorie), coffee (150 calorie) and cheese (70 calorie).  By no mean is this a well balanced diet.

111/70/49 199lb 98 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment