Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 93 - Nutritional Label on the Box Lies

OK, maybe lying is too strong of a word, but at least misleading.  I like drinking coffee and caffeinated drink.  I like the Costco bottled diet ice tea.  Both of which I stop drinking on Saturday morning August 7 2010 at 12:01 AM (yes, I have my lost shot of espresso right as I start my 2 days of pre-op clear liquid diet).  Fortunately for me, I'm not physically addicted to caffeine. I suffered no withdraw symptom, but the urge to drink them still exist (I'm surrounded by the coffee machine both at home and at the office, where they feed you quality coffee as a means to get through the day).  3 weeks ago, I started adding Crystal Light to my bottle water, and my water intake increased.  On Monday, as I sat in the off site meeting, I discovered that one of the Crystal Light packet contains as much (if not more) caffeine as a can of coke.  After I got home, I double check the nutritional label on the box, and sure enough, absolutely no mention of caffeine

So, my lesson to myself and to whoever that's reading this is:  be careful of the buzzword on the box.  The Wild Strawberry and Citrus Splash are prefixed with words like Focus and Energy.  Chances are they have caffeine, and for those of us still getting used to our new stomach, best avoid it until much later.

Edited on Saturday 11-13-10...  Ok, I went back and re-read the box again.  Caffeine is listed.  However, you'll have to read really carefully to find it.

On a happier note, the redemption code for Smoldering Murloc Egg from Blizzcon LiveStream was mailed to me, and I bind it to my account.  When I get home for the remainder of my ICC25 raid, I should be able to parade around with that cute Murloc around.

126/86/71 262.6lb 93 mg/DL

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I just bought the Strawberry Crystal Light last night. I had no idea it had caffeine in it.

    ReplyDelete