Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 96 - Vitamin D

One of the thing that bother me about my last doctor's appointment was the problem with iron and vitamin D level in my blood.  I was taking 18mg of iron a day, and as far as I know, normal dosage.  well, that doesn't appear to be enough.  Fortunately, it was my refill time at the chewable suppliments, and I find the next step up, 29mg iron.  After I track down the over the counter coated iron pill, I discovered that it is 60mg.  Eating 2 pills won't cut it, so my daily dosage is now 87mg of iron.

On vitamin D, they actually give me a perscription.  I was havig problem deciphering the dosage, so I just took it into my local pharmacy.  It came back as 50k unit of Vitamin D for a weekly dosage.  My chewable version provides 1k unit of Vitamin D, so using that to make up the difference is out of the question.  Looks like I'm taking the gelcap pill.

137/84/73 260.8lb 88 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment