Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 115 - On Healing with Gnome Priest in Warcraft

I got my gnome priest up to level 42 last night.  Since I had the dual talent specification bought, I might as well use it to heal as my off spec.  Mind you, when I started in vanilla World of Warcraft, my one and only max level character is my paladin.  Back then, you basically have one option if you raid as paladin, you heal.  I got used to just looking at my Grid raid frame and topping everyone off.  About 6 months into the first expansion, The Burning Crusade, I got burned off from healing, and switched to tanking (Blizzard finally acknowledge that warrior only tank was not an option, and actually made tanking viable option, albeit, on TBC, paladin was pigeonholed into AoE trash pack that was specifically designed for, Mt. Hyjal).  In Wrath of the Lich King, all 3 specs are made viable, so I have my protection spec for raiding, and retribution for my off spec.  My my reckoning, it's been at least 2 to 3 years since I heal in either instance or raid.

I figured that I can probably get into random dungeon finder faster if I queue up as a healer.  And sure enough, I got into Scarlet Monastery Cathedral.  Healing that was not much of an issue, fixing my keybind and Clique setting was.  After getting my feet wet, I went back to shadow to dps in the next queue, Mauradan Princess section.  The rest of the evening is split between questing and queuing up for more instance as healer and fixing the UI.  While I have no problem healing in Uldaman, the last instance I ran in the evening is far more problematic.  Scholomance, is a significant step up in terms of difficulty from everything I've done prior on this character.  For one thing, the trash pack has fearing or knock back ability that will wipe the party.  Crowd control is recommended if you got one in the party.  For another thing, no one in the party except me have actually been to the place before, and I became the party leader to do crowd control and pulling.  We wipe 3 times, but I feel that it's time well spend.

On other news, my weight seemed to be at a standstill this week.  I actually weight 1 more pound than yesterday morning at the scale.  I'll try to drink more water and see what will happen today.  Today is also the day I get my blood drawn in preparation for my quarterly appointment with my primary physician.  Unlike the vitamin test, they only need to draw 3 tubes of blood, and the technician claimed that they were able to spot a juicy vein right away.  Unfortunately for me, she had to prod a bit before finally hitting the vein.   

120/80/74 254lb 92 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment