Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 134 - Suviving Office Lunch

Yesterday, I was invited to go to an office lunch about 2 miles away from work. It was raining cats and dogs outside. I've never been there before. It also have almost no parking. So getting there is a bit of challenge. On top of that, the restaurant is a Teppanyaki style restaurant. Now, I do enjoy this kind of grilling now and then. But with my greatly reduced stomach size, I know eating would be a challenge. I ordered shrimp with steak that's cook rare. Eating the shrimp isn't much of an issue from my experience with the buffet 2 weeks back. After getting the steak, I know that in the future, I should ordered the steak cook medium, but that's for future consideration. The meal also come with miso salad (I took a couple of bites), soup (couple of sips), grilled onion (once again, I already am grilling onion at home) and fried rice. Now, I know full well that I won't be able to eat the steak with rice, so I took about half of the steak and all of the rice home for dinner. And I was able to finish the dinner without much issue.

This morning's measurement is the one I was kind of dreading considered what I ate previous day (McDonalds scramble eggs with bacon and sausage, grilled shrimp and steak with fried rice). Surprisingly enough, my number came in much better than expected. I guess I've finally graduated to being able to eat rice.

108/75/65 244.8lb 100 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment