Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 144 - Going Through the Closet, A Journey Back in Time

Now that the weather in Los Angeles is actually feeling winter like (and yesterday, city is inundated with strong gust like wind), I began to feel that the leather coat that I've been wearing the past 2 months is inadequate.  I bought the coat back in 2004 (I think).  It has the benefit of being loose enough for me to wear.  At my maximum weight, I was having problem fitting into it.  As this week's cold weather have shown me, the coat is now way too large to offer me protection against cold.

So I dig into my closet (I almost never throw anything away) and look at a leather jacket that I haven't worn in at least 3 years.  When I first bought it all those years ago, it was a loose fitting jacket.  Now, it still feel very tight, and didn't help that my belt is now encumbered with 2 smart phones holster and a Leatherman multitool.  But wearing these older clothes that I discarded on my way up the weight scale is akin to traveling back in time.  Perhaps I don't have to buy as much clothing as I feared.

I only managed to do one instance of Heroic yesterday (all of the justice points will go towards my retribution offspec, so the urgency is not there).  I did spend a bit of time yesterday leveling my Death Knight, first spending over a hour mining obsidium (to 500 mining so I can mine everything else in Deepholm).  I then spend the next 3 hours doing 2/3 of the Deepholm quests (getting 2 out of 3 Wolrd Pillar fragments).  By the time I handed in the second pillar fragment, my character reached level 83.  Seeing that I'm leveling the Death Knight mainly to level the mining and blacksmith, I opted to go to the next zone, Uldum.  So now I get to experience the entire Uldum leveling experience all over again, except this time, I'll be level appropriate.

115/71/59 242.6lb 104 mg/DL

No comments:

Post a Comment